Thursday 20 February 2014

Enjoy Olympic moment Gracie Gold


Gracie Gold hangs tough as gritty Americans remain in medal contention
Coverage of Winter Olympics Sochi 2014. Gracie Gold hangs tough as gritty Americans remain in medal contention. Dan Wetzel, By Dan Wetzel 10 hours ago Yahoo Sports
SOCHI, Russia ,  Gracie Gold was in the middle of the first jump of her short program, a triple Lutz that was to be followed by a triple toe loop. Almost immediately, she could feel it falling apart.

She had a couple of options. She could bail out, go safe and make it a double and accept fewer points from the judges. Or she could try to power through and simply find a way to land upright. Or, of course, she could crash.

"When I was in the air I thought, 'Is this my Olympic moment? Am I going to be on my butt?' " Gold said.

She decided she would stick with the planned triple and just will her way to remain upright.

"I just had to trust my training and say a little prayer," she said. "I said, 'This is what the Olympics are about. It's not playing it safe with a double toe or a triple Lutz. It's about doing it.' "

2 comments:

Translate

ICC WORLD CUP 2011